this town is the “secret capital” of the Zillertal
Mayrhofen – this town is the “secret capital” of the Zillertal and offers plenty of shopping opportunities, a rich gastronomy, and entertaining leisure facilities. It‘s an all-in-one-package for your Zillertal vacation! Stroll along the main promenade of Mayrhofen and discover the variety and creativity of this industrious little town. Four tributary valleys located right around the town walls are waiting to be explored: gorgeous views and monumental structures such as the reservoir lake dams (accessible on foot, by car, or simply by bus) will contribute to make every single day of your stay unforgettable. Explore the region and discover its secrets! The lower Zillertal region has become almost synonymous with recreation, fun, and exploration.
• CEILING FRESCO: “ ROSE VON JERICHO” (“ROSE OF JERICHO”) in the Pfarrkirche Mayrhofen (parish church)
• EUROPAHAUS MAYRHOFEN (EVENT SPACE) Our continuous program includes: musical gatherings, special exhibitions, tourist information events, the “Great Alpenrelief”, cabaret, and much more! Dursterstraße 225; phone: +43 (0)5285.6750, fax: 676033; www.europahaus.at
• ACTIONBERG PENKEN The 3S Penkenbahn is an experience already with the first ascend. Thrill seekers will find everything there for the most exciting holiday. Hiking, mountainbike, rock climbing, paragliding, or funsports like the mountain scooters or the funballz in summer. The harakiri (steepest slope in Austria) as well as the Penken park will guarantee for fun in winter.
• GENIESSERBERG AHORN Rise up to 2.000 m above sea level with the Ahornbahn, the largest gondola in Austria. At the Ahorn plateau are summer highlights, like the sunrise breakfast, hikes from easy to experienced, the path of senses and the spectacular falconry show waiting for you.
• ERLEBNISSENNEREI ZILLERTAL WITH VISITOR FARM AND SPOONTREATS AT THE EXHIBITION ALPINE DAIRY „… to gain awareness of the cycle of quality food products!“ „So you know where it comes from“ Experience the first and most important stage in the process of attaining quality FOOD products: Humane farm animal housing & welfare! For quality hay milk from happy goats, sheep, and cattle, fine eggs from happy chickens, honey from happy bees and more, like the cozy resting area with a panoramic view at the surrounding mountain area as well as games and fun for the younger guests like the largest milk churn of the world and a mini farm tractor parcour and more... „So you know how it‘s made“ Discover the daily production process of our hay milk cheese, yogurts, & more – inside our fully transparent dairy plant, on 6,000 m.! „So you know what it really tastes like“ Get a good taste of our broad range of fresh, quality hay milk & yogurt FOOD products at one of the “Spoon-TREATS” sessions inside the dairy plant! Then, enjoy the most delicious dishes & specialties created exclusively from our quality FOOD products originating from our dairy farm – at our “Sennereiküche” restaurant! Discover these true “Alpine Delights”! Feel free to take them home with you, by purchasing our original quality hay milk & yogurt products directly on location, or later, from the comfort of your home, at our online shop: www.sennerei-zillertal.at
• MAYRHOFEN HYDROELECTRIC PLANT The power plant network of Zemm-Ziller belongs to the most advanced in Europe, generating approx. 1.137 million kilowatt hours per year from natural resources. Open daily, free entry, from 8.30am to 5pm. Guided tours for visitor groups upon reservation – call +43 (0)50313/23201; tourismus@verbund. com, www.verbund.com/schlegeis
• SCHLEGEIS STAUSEE (DAM LAKE) Venture deep inside into the Schlegeis dam. Explore the insides of the massive, 725 m long and 131 m tall Schlegeis dam wall. The guided tour takes about an hour and is available from mid May to early October, starting at the top of each hour between 10am and 4pm. Our expert guides give you the rare opportunity to learn about the doublebended arch gravity dam wall inside-out. You‘ll stroll down the primary inspection corridor of this 725 m long monumental structure. The expert guides are trained in providing simple explanations of the complex monitoring and control systems inside the wall. The meeting point and registration point for the guided tour is marked in front of the Bergrestaurant Schlegeis (inn). This is also where you can receive your guided tour tickets in advance. Visitor groups of 15 people or more need to book in advance. Phone: +43 (0)50313.23201; www.verbund.com/tm/de/schlegeis-alpenstrasse, firstname.lastname@example.org